Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vacation at the Lake

Vacation to Lake Okoboji ~ 2011
We enjoyed another trip to Lake Okoboji with my family the last week in June. Beautiful views, great company, good food and surrounded by those you love... doesn't get much better than that!
Elle and me on our beach :)
Cousins! They had so much fun together!!
Elle learned how to kayak (notice Grandma about ready to get whacked by the oar)!
Sophia enjoyed her time on the pontoon... as soon as I took off her life jacket that was swallowing her. I was one nervous mom!
I was so proud of Isabelle who was so brave and got right in the lake with Uncle Jeremy!
Driving the boat with Daddy :)
We had so much fun on the boat... sightseeing, relaxing, swimming, and topping it off with a yummy treat from the official Nutty bar stand!
Isabelle and I had fun on the bumper cars!
Isabelle and Jason playing Uno Attack for the fiftieth time. She loves the game and was quite proud when she beat Daddy!
Sophia snuggling with cousin Jayda :)
I love this picture! I snapped it while we were taking a walk one morning with the kiddos.
Ready to ride the roller coaster... this would be the only smile captured as she was quickly in tears. The ride ended with Isabelle remarking, "I liked the ups but not the downs." What a wonderful metaphor for life! I love it!
Relaxing in the tube with her cousin Alexis... they are tied to the dock and thought it was the best thing ever!
Peek-a-boo!
Sophia liked chilling in her little swing down by the lake :)
The kids loved playing on the beach. They did it for hours and hours and hours!
Grandma and Sophia relaxing in the hammock!
Isabelle playing on the beach just moments after arriving :)
Me and my beautiful babies! We loved hanging out on the dock!!

No comments: